- Nov 9th now
- Carpool 7pm at the sub
- Google analytics
- Now we can view how many people use the website
- get prepared to run for a postition
- find others that are interested
- Program robots in java
- Must have java virtual machine installed
- Download from website
- Pretty simple
Run test battles
- Battle -> new
Creating your robot
- Robot menu, then select Source Editor.
- When the editor window comes up, click on the File menu, then select New Robot.
Not going to go through the specifics of how to create a whole robot. There are lots of resources out there
- Api documentation
- some on robocode page our acm website
A lot of the development of a robot is the implemetation of event handlers
- If you dont know what these are dont worry, you can use the ones that already come with it or just look up how the others work.
- events basically interrupt the flow of the program
- this can be things such as seeing a robot which makes you want to fire at it
- You can also look at other robots and see how they are set up. This does not mean copy from them.
Submitting your robot
- Create it and save when done
- Exit the editor and select robot
- Select package robot or team
- Scoring is based on many things
- How many died before you
- How many times you hit someone
- So just living is not good enough
Two tries per division
- We will run your bots, most likely all at once against eachother
- then take an hour break to revise and edit the bots if you choose.
- Then run them against each other again.
Each try has a set amount of rounds rounds inside it